The Apple iPhone is undoubtedly one of the most highly anticipated phones in the world. Apple's outstanding operating system has attracted a large following, as their phones are extremely user-friendly.
However, people who have just started using the iPhone may find themselves confused when transferring data. Apple iPhone has its own unique method for transferring data. If you are new to the iPhone, you can refer to this guide to learn about iPhone data transfer.
How to transfer data between iPhone and computer
Transfer data from iPhone to PC via File Explorer
When you connect your iPhone to a PC, you can access your device by navigating to "This PC" or "My Computer". From there, you can open your iPhone and access the DCIM (Digital Camera Images) folder, where you'll find the photos from your camera roll.
However, File Explorer only allows you to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. Other types of data, such as videos, music, or contacts, may require software for transferring them to your PC.
Transfer data from PC to iPhone via iTunes
With iTunes, you can sync photos, videos, music, TV shows, podcasts, and more to your device. However, it is important to be aware that the syncing process via iTunes may result in the erasure of existing data on your iPhone. You may lose the downloaded songs on iPhone if you use iTunes to transfer music from computer to iPhone.
Easily transfer data between iPhone and computer - FoneTool
Apple does not offer a simple way to help you transfer data between iPhone and Windows PC. Fortunately, you can use a third-party transfer tool, such as FoneTool.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users, which supports data backup and data transfer. With FoneTool, you can easily transfer data between iPhone and computer.
- It can help you transfer photos, videos, contacts and messages.
- It is able to transfer both purchased and non-purchased items.
- You can preview and select the items you need before the transfer.
- When transferring data to iPhone, it will not erase any existing data.
When you want to transfer data, you can go to Phone Transfer and choose PC to iPhone or iPhone to PC.
For example, if you want to transfer pictures from iPhone to flash drive, go to iPhone to PC and choose the photos you need. After that, select the flash drive as the destination and click Start Transfer.
How to transfer data between two iPhones
Transfer data between two iPhones via AirDrop
When it comes to transferring data between two iPhones, AirDrop proves to be a convenient and efficient tool. With AirDrop enabled on both devices, you can effortlessly transfer photos, videos, contacts, locations, and more. Here is an example of using AirDrop to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another:
- Go to Control Center to turn on AirDrop on both iPhones.
- Open the Contacts app on the iPhone containing the contact you want to share > Select the contact and choose "Share Contact".
- Choose AirDrop > Select the target iPhone > Tap "Accept" to receive and save the contact to the Contacts app on the receiving device.
However, it's important to note that AirDrop does not support the transfer of purchased items, For example, when you try to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone, it shares only the link to the song rather than the actual file.
Transfer data between two iPhones via FoneTool for iOS
To overcome these limitations and transfer multiple files or purchased music, using a dedicated tool like FoneTool is recommended. FoneTool provides a comprehensive solution for data transfer between iPhones, offering enhanced features and functionality.
- With FoneTool, you can transfer various types of data. You can even transfer music from one Apple ID to another.
- By using FoneTool, you can transfer multiple files simultaneously, making the process more efficient and time-saving.
- One of the key advantages of using FoneTool for data transfer between iPhones is that it doesn't rely on a Wi-Fi connection or consume cellular data. This makes it a convenient choice when you need to transfer data without an internet connection.
Here are the steps to transfer data using FoneTool:
- Download FoneTool app from the App Store on both iPhones.
- Launch the FoneTool app on both iPhones.
- Within the FoneTool app, navigate to the "Connect Device" option > Tap the avatar or profile icon on either iPhone to establish a connection.
- Go to the "File Transfer" section > Choose the specific files you want to transfer and tap "Send" to initiate the transfer process.